Garden Oaks is a stunning deed-restricted residential community just 8.6 miles or less than 20 minutes away from Downtown Houston.
It's well-known for its traditional sense of community and lush tree-lined streets. Garden Oaks is also just a short drive away from great schools, shops, restaurants, groceries and nightspots - not to mention some of Houston's most important districts.
Conveniently located just north of Houston Heights and Shady Brooks and east of Oak Forest, Garden Oaks is perched right on Houston's North Loop with its southern border touching the 610 Interstate.
It's an all-around wonderful community for buyers looking for a place to establish roots in the City of Houston.
The Houston Independent School District, the largest public school district in Texas, serves the students of Garden Oaks. There's also a number of private schools to choose from.
- Garden Oaks Montessori Magnet School
- Durham Elementary School
- Frank Black Middle School
- Waltrip High School
- Washington High School
- New Heights Christian Academy
- Rose of Lima Catholic Church
- Temple Oaks Baptist School
- Ambrose Catholic School
- Pius X High School
- Lutheran High School
Established in 1937, Garden Oaks is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Houston. It's also one of the city's deed restricted communities which has helped it preserve much of its small-town charm.
Here, you'll find:
- Single-family homes. Garden Oaks features approximately 1,400 residences, most of which are single-family homes. Architectural styles include many vintage favorites such as traditional, ranch, plantation, cottages and bungalows.
- Nearby townhomes and condos. High demand for properties in this area has led to new developments in nearby Oak Forest, most notably, Oakroc Grove Patio Homes and Arbor Green Condominiums.
- Updates and refurbishments. In spite of deed restrictions, a large portion of Garden Oaks homes, including those dating back to the 1930s, feature recent updates.
- Spacious lot sizes. This is one of the few locations in Houston that offers lot sizes ranging from 6,000 to 15,000 square feet.
- An active civic organization. The Garden Oaks Civic Club, composed of the neighborhood residents, provides community beautification programs, resources and services.
- Rental homes and apartments are also available. Notable apartments are Creekstone and Thornbury Apartments.
- Lots and land are also available.
At a glance
This is a neighborhood that oozes homey charm. At the same it, it has excellent access to Houston's Inner Core. This combination has become increasingly rare in the midst of Houston's rapid growth - which is why Garden Oaks is one of the most coveted gems in the city.
The community has been recognized by Houstoniamag.com as one of Houston's 25 Hottest Neighborhoods in a 2013 citing. Residents here enjoy:
- Great restaurants, a lot of which are located within the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest area including dive bars, casual and fine dining. Notable establishments include Houston Panini & Provisions, House of Fries and Petrol Station.
- Top nightspots are Sassafras, The Oak Forest Chill Neighborhood Icehouse and NJ's.
- The Texas Medical Center is about 15 miles or 25 to 30 minutes away via Interstate 45 or Interstate 69 and 610.
- The Houston Energy Corridor is 30 minutes away through Interstate 10.
- Downtown Houston is about 20 minutes via Interstate 45 and/or Interstate 610.
- Midtown and the Museum District can be reached in 25 minutes using Interstate 45.
- The Uptown District / The Galleria with over 200 upscale stores and restaurants with two luxury hotels is accessible in just 15 minutes through Interstate 610 or 18 via T C Jester Blvd.
- A great selection of nearby parks includes Garden Oaks Park, Candlelight Community Center and Park, American Legion Park, T.C. Jester Park and Graham Park.
Garden Oaks is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Garden Oaks
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Garden Oaks stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Garden Oaks. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Garden Oaks is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.