Montrose is one of Houston's most eclectic neighborhoods. Often seen ranking high on Top 10 lists and in guides to Houston's best neighborhoods, the four-mile residential neighborhood is definitely a sought-after location.
It sits next to downtown, Midtown and the Museum District, offering residents the perfect place to live, work, play and relax in the heart of Houston's inner loop.
Montrose has managed to preserve its charm and character with tree-lined streets and classically refurbished homes.
It is no wonder Montrose is called 'the Heart of Houston.'
Students in Montrose are served by the Houston Independent School District schools, the largest school district in Texas. Some of the public institutions in the area include:
- Wharton K-8 Dual Language Academy
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center
- Lanier Middle School
- High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Lamar High School
- Carnegie Vanguard High School
- University of St. Thomas
- University of Houston
- Rice University
Those looking for variety will definitely find it in Montrose. From 1920s cottages to contemporary homes, this neighborhood offers buyers a diverse range of real estate options for sale and for rent.
In Montrose, you'll find:
- New developments. Montrose teems with newly constructed condominiums, rental properties, townhouses and single-family/multi-family homes completed as recently as 2016, with more on the way.
- Luxury apartments are some of the newest featured properties in the area.
- Most townhomes, lofts and condos have been newly renovated or are newly constructed.
- Beautiful old homes built as far back as 1915 can be found in an area bordered by Allen Parkway to the north, Taft Street to the east, US-59 to the south and Shepherd Drive to the west. Most notable are the communities of Hyde Park and the Historic Oaks of Allen Parkway Village, which also have newer homes.
- Architectural styles include traditional, neoclassical, craftsman, contemporary, bungalow, traditional and more
At a glance
Montrose offers residents many perks, such as fine dining restaurants, shopping centers, night spots and also, art galleries and museums.
There's something for everyone, making it a wonderful place to raise a family, start a business, or build a career close to Houston's top employers.
Montrose is both eclectic and urbane, with its fusion of architectural styles, cultural hotspots, people and historic charm.
Here are some of the neighborhood's finest amenities and attractions:
- Restaurants, coffee shops and watering holes offer a bit of everything like Mexican, Italian, Greek, American, Lebanese and Asian cuisine. Top pleasers include: Oporto Fooding House & Wine, Empire Cafe, Niko Niko's and more.
- The awe-inspiring Menil Collection, one of the largest, private collections of art in the US, is right next to the enigmatic Rothko Chapel and the University of St. Thomas.
- The Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex, is less than 20 minutes southeast following Montrose Boulevard.
- The Houston Energy Corridor can be reached via Interstate 10 in about 30 minutes.
- A third of Houston's historic districts are in Montrose including: Courtlandt Place, Westmoreland, Avondale East/West, Audubon Place and the city's Fourth Ward, adjacent to Downtown, site of Freedmen's Town.
- Four beautiful parks and recreation areas are Buffalo Bayou Park, Ervan Chew Park, Mandell Park and Cherryhurst Park (which also serves as the community center).
Montrose is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Montrose
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Montrose stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Montrose. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Montrose is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.