Oak Forest is a deed-restricted neighborhood famous for its beautiful homes, tree-lined streets and serene environs.
The tranquility that comes with the charming small-town atmosphere and lush greenery is very ideal for families. Oak Forest's peace and quiet feels like it is miles from the nearest city.
Ideally located right next to its sister-neighborhood Garden Oaks, Oak Forest stands on the part of Interstate 610 locals call the North Loop and has its west border leaning on the Northwest Freeway.
Trips to Downtown and many of its key districts take just 20 minutes or less.
Houston is full of great schools. Its students are served by the Houston Independent School District. Schools nearest to Oak Forest include:
- Garden Oaks Montessori Magnet School
- Wainwright Elementary
- Oak Forest Elementary
- Benbrook Elementary
- Stevens Elementary
- Smith Elementary
- Frank Black Middle School
- Clifton Middle School
- Scarborough High
- Waltrip High
- Christian School of Northwest Houston
- Rose of Lima Catholic Church
- Montessori Children's Cottage
- Ambrose Catholic School
- Memorial Hall School
This wonderful neighborhood offers a wide range of charming, affordable, luxurious and new construction homes. Established in 1947, it also exudes a sense of permanence few Houston neighborhoods can lay claim to.
Its deed restrictions, faithfully enforced by the Oak Forest Homeowner's Association, has helped preserve the neighborhood's iconic small-town vibe despite the rapid growth and change that has come to define Houston's landscape.
Notable characteristics of properties here include:
- Expansive lot sizes. Homes boast lots from 7,000 to 10,000 square feet, allowing for spacious yards and tall trees.
- Beautiful vintage homes. The array of homes on offer date back to 1947, the year Oak Forest was established. Many of them have been renovated and updated with modern conveniences.
- New construction properties. Homes built as recently as 2016 include single-family properties, condo communities and townhouses.
- Rental properties. These range from beautiful single-family homes, to amenity-rich condos and townhouses.
- Homes come in a number of architectural styles like traditional, ranch, bungalow, Mediterranean, New American and more
At a glance
Oak Forest is a wonderful neighborhood that offers something for everyone. Although it's primarily a residential community, its convenient location offers many opportunities for work and play.
Nearby locations include:
- It's less than 20 minutes away via Interstate 61. The high-fashion hotspot features 5 million square feet of retail space teeming with upscale shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. It is home to The Galleria, the largest shopping mall in Texas.
- The Energy Corridor is 20 to 30 minutes via Interstate 10. It's has some of the world's most prominent companies in the energy industry.
- Less than 20 minutes via Interstate 45 lies Houston's Central Business District where a large number of leading companies and employers have their headquarters.
- Midtown and the Museum District. It's mo more than 20 minutes away via Interstate 45. Go for the best night spots, museums, art galleries and cultural centers.
- The Texas Medical Center. Just 30 minutes via Interstate 45 is the world's largest medical center.
- Restaurants, bars and nightlife. From casual to fine dining, there are plenty of great places to eat within Oak Forest, including Petrol Station, Gatlin's BBQ, Plonk! Beer & Wine Bistro and more.
- Shopping and groceries. There are many retailers along Ella Boulevard, 34th Street and 43rd Street. Major spots include Kroger's, Wal-Mart and the Oak Forest Center.
- There are four in Oak Forest: American Legion Park, Candlelight Community Center, Oak Forest Park and T.C. Jester Park.
Oak Forest is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Oak Forest
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Oak Forest stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Oak Forest. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Oak Forest is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.