Southampton is a charming, upscale residential subdivision ideally nestled close to the Medical Center.
It sits adjacent to Rice University, which in turn is adjacent to the Texas Medical Center. Bordered by Bissonnet St. to the north followed by Ashby St. to the east, Rice Boulevard to the south and Kelvin Drive to the west.
Established in 1923, Southampton remains a unique jewel of Houston's classic neighborhoods. Featuring an original system that uses shared alleys (in lieu of driveways and curb cuts), homes in this neighborhood enjoy front yards with generous square-footage, spacious parking on the streets and plenty of green space that gives way for its tall, stately oak trees with wide canopies.
In beautiful contrast with the city's urban vibe, Southampton shines as a truly wonderful place to live.
- West University Elementary School
- Roberts Elementary School
- Poe Elementary
- Southampton Montessori School
- Lanier Middle
- Lamar High School
- Rice University
A deed restriction, enforced by the resident-run Southampton Civic Club, has protected Southampton's charm and character for more than 85 years.
With a mix of old and new properties, Southampton real estate features:
- Deed restrictions applicable only to single-family homes with 2.5 floors
- Beautiful luxury homes
- A clear skyline with little to no high-rise buildings.
- Lots from 6,000 to 7,000 square feet allowing for spacious front lawns
There are no townhomes in this area due to deed restrictions. The condominium development closest to Southampton is at Chateau Ten Sunset on the northeast corner of Ashby St. and Sunset Boulevard.
New plans in the community are welcome, but are subject to a thorough review process.
At a glance
Southampton offers residents more than just charm. Its highly sought-after location within Houston's inner loop gives residents easy access to the city's top districts, trendy restaurants, shopping centers and night spots.
Locals get to enjoy a multitude of opportunities for work, play and relaxation mere minutes away. These include:
- Downtown Houston is the city's bustling Central Business District, home to more than 3,500 businesses including the headquarters of several prominent companies. It is less than 20 minutes northeast via Highway59/Interstate 69.
- The Texas Medical Center hosts the finest hospitals and most advanced medical research facilities in the world. It is right across from Rice University, literally a few minutes away.
- Rice Village, a wonderful shopping center located between Southampton and West University Place, is steps away. Rice Village is a wonderful mix of restaurants, bars, national retail stores, locally-owned boutiques and other unique shops.
- Rice Stadium, where the Rice Owls play football, is just a few steps away from Southampton.
- The Museum District is home to Houston's most magnificent museums, art galleries, community organizations and cultural centers. It's located less than 10 minutes away, northeast of the Houston Zoo.
- The Houston Zoo, adjacent to Rice University, was named one of the Top 10 Zoos in America. It is minutes away from Southampton.
- The Galleria is an upscale, mixed-use urban development comprising more than 200 shops, fine dining restaurants, coffee shops, a department store, an ice-skating rink and two high-rise luxury hotels. It is about 10-15 minutes away via Highway 59/Interstate 69.
- Parks include Fleming Park, Whitt Johnson Park and Wier Park.
Southampton is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Southampton
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Southampton stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Southampton. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Southampton is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.