West University is an incorporated suburb located between the 610 Loop and Highway 59/Interstate 69. It was named after the nearby Rice Institute now Rice University when it was founded in 1917. It is surrounded by the cities of Bellaire, Southside Place and Houston and has an estimated population of around 15,700.
West U is one of the most sought after neighborhoods in Harris County. It is an affluent bedroom community with beautiful homes, tree-lined streets and excellent schools.
The city ranked on top in a study on the quality of life of 1,000 cities, towns and villages in southern United States. It is known for its safe environment, excellent city services and responsiveness to the needs of its residents.
This community falls under the domain of the Houston Independent School District and residents get the opportunity to send their children to some of the area's best schools. With over 85% of residents having a bachelor's degree, it is clear that education is valued highly in the community.
- West University Elementary School
- Pin Oak Middle School
- Lanier Middle School
- Lamar High School
- Baylor College of Medicine
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Rice University
West U is neatly divided into 26 blocks and covers two square miles. The housing stock consists primarily of luxury single-family homes with three bedrooms or more.
This suburb is filled with beautiful houses that date back to the 1930s and 1950s, spacious houses built on well-manicured lots and a large number of new construction homes.
At a glance
- Residents enjoy access to over seven parks and a community swimming pool with a drop slide, lily pad crossing and play structure.
- The West University Recreation Center features a heated pool, weight room, squash and racquetball courts, jogging trails and classrooms. The center also offers karate, fencing, Pilates, fitness, yoga and tennis classes.
- Rice University Art Gallery exhibits site-specific installation art. The gallery invites about five artists every year and funds their installation projects.
- Rice Village is a nearby shopping district that spans 16 blocks and has over 300 stores. Familiar brand names like Banana Republic and Mac can be found here, as well as unique boutiques like Impeccable Pig, Hemline and Lily Rain.
- There is a wide selection of excellent restaurants serving all different kinds of cuisine in West U. Some of these restaurants include:
- Tiny's No. 5, which serves kale Caesar salad, dry-aged rib-eye hamburger and deep-fried green tomatoes
- Little Matt's, a kid-friendly neighborhood restaurant and candy shop with an arcade. Little Matt's serves burgers, salads and more, and is a perfect weekend or post-baseball game hangout for the whole family.
West University is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in West University
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, West University stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in West University. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in West University is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.